🗺️ What’s a Nation?
- 🗺️ What is a Nation?
- 🗂️ Recommended Sites
- 👀 Under the Radar
- 📰 ICYM
- 👊 Sponsors
- 💸 Coupons
🗺️ What is a Nation?
The exponential growth and use of technology is not only shaping our daily lives, but also changing definitions and languages as we have been taught to understand them.
na-tion: a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.
The above traditional definition of the word nation is becoming obsolete. From the ubiquity of mobile technology to the metaverse, we are now able to join any nation, group, and/or tribe regardless of our physical location, religious beliefs, status or race. We can actually belong to multiple nations if we wish. We can enter or exit nations at our leisure.
Nations are now composed of individuals that share likes, dislikes, hobbies, desires and dreams. Many of the members of these nationss meet on-line and not physically. There are nations with members that do not speak the same language, but apps allow them to easily translate and transcribe their messages for them to be able to communicate effectively.
After all, “Members of a Nation share the same understanding.”
Today, we can video call anyone anytime. The metaverse will upgrade this to a virtual visit to friends and family, and allow us to meet our tribe anywhere anytime. It may also allow us to relive certain experiences or travel in time.
Social sites like Twitter, Facebook, now “Meta,” and others, have granted us access to multiple nations, opening the doors to meet those like individuals that otherwise we would never meet in person.
Countries like El Salvador, are creating Bitcoin Cities, which will attract citizens alike to make stronger ties and, yes, stronger Nations.
As per Balaji Srinivasan, “A network state is a social network with a clear leader, an integrated cryptocurrency, a definite purpose, a sense of national consciousness, and a plan to crowdfund territory.”
With the advent of DAOs, we will be able to work on anything we truly wish, if we qualify. We will be able to belong to as many nations as we can handle, monetize our memberships, and also create our own nations of any size.
The definition of What a Nation is, and the definition of many other terms, is becoming more flimsy as we move towards a flatter world.
🗂️ Recommended Sites
- Rekt — Publishes hacks in decentralized Crypto sites, DeFi protocols and web3 websites.
- L2Beat — Analytics and research website about Ethereum layer two (L2) scaling. Compares the various Ethereum L2 systems available today.
- 1729 — Earn crypto by solving certain problems and creating solutions. Also, an interesting archive of web3 articles and the future of technology.
- Blockworks — Breaking news and premium insights about digital assets, great for investors.
- DeFi Taxes Guide — We are in December already, we have a month to make financial decisions and/or transactions that can break or save our taxes for this year. This is a Tax guide to DeFi, that may be able to assist you understand taxes in that space.
👀 Under the Radar
- Alchemix (ALCX): DeFi platform that offers self repaying loans.
- Polkacity (POLC): A fully autonomous contract based NFT platform that allows you to invest in virtual assets in the form of a virtual city.
- Curve DAO Token (CRV): Decentralized exchange for stablecoins that uses an automated market maker (AMM) to manage liquidity.
- Uniswap (UNI): Decentralized trading protocol, facilitates automated trading of defi tokens.
- Altura (ALU): Smart contract platform that allows game developers to mint, distribute and transact Smart NFTs representing in-game items. Smart NFTs are NFTs with dynamic properties that can change based on certain conditions.