🎟️ Your Sports and Concert ticket as NFTs
Contents (4 min read):
- ⚒️ The Merge is Finally HERE…
- 🔗 The Helium Protocol found a new Home
- 👨👩👧👧 Startupy — Community-curated search engine
- 📈 Top 5 performers of the week
- 🎟️ Your favorite Sports and Concert ticket may be an NFT soon.
- 🏖️ IRAs, tax-sheltered accounts
- 📰 Top Reads
- 🙏🏻 Grateful for…
⚒️ The Merge is Finally HERE…
The most awaited event in Ethereum’s history will take place on September 6th, as per ETH developers.
“Following years of hard work, Ethereum’s proof-of-stake upgrade is finally here!” the Ethereum Foundation wrote in a blog post on Wednesday. “The successful upgrade of all public testnets is now complete, and The Merge has been scheduled for the Ethereum mainnet.”
- The Bellatrix upgrade for The Merge is set for September 6, and Paris will follow several days later.
- Node operators must download clients’ updates before the Bellatrix upgrade is activated.
The Merge will be split into two upgrades, called Bellatrix and Paris. Bellatrix is timed to occur at 11:34 AM UTC on September 6 and Paris will be triggered sometime between September 10 and September 20, according to the blog post, which provided the image below.
🔗 The Helium Protocol found a new Home
The core developers on the network have cited scalability issues that needed to be addressed in order to attract ‘significant economies of scale’.
If the proposal is passed, native tokens on Helium, such as HNT, IOT, and MOBILE, would also be migrated.
I am happy to announce that I have become a curator and member of Startupy. A community-curated search engine. Zero SEO BS. I invite you to join this delightful library of knowledge and insights designed for wandering, research, and thinking.
📈 Top Crypto movers of the week
The bankrupt crypto lender, Celsius Network, saw an uptick of almost 63% this past week. This came after a court filing stating that Celsius is seeking to return some of its customers’ funds. The company is currently offering to release nearly $50 million in crypto belonging to customers who were a part of the “custody” program — accounts that stored crypto but did not generate returns.
Since 2018, Celsius (CEL) has been an all-in-one banking and financial services platform for cryptocurrency users.
It offers rewards in CEL (their native token) for depositing cryptocurrency, along with services such as loans and wallet-style payments.
This appreciation may not be sustainable, but some investors are attempting to capitalize on the news and Celsius’s attempts to recover from mayhem.
🎟️ Your favorite Sports and Concert ticket may be an NFT soon.
The NFTs will serve as a digital collectible as well as a ‘proof of attendance’.
In the past 6 months, both parties launched a stealth NFT pilot program, which saw over 5 million NFTs minted.
Cryptocurrency is one of those things that everyone is talking about these days. There are all kinds of different exchanges to trade crypto on, but many people don’t realize how much they’re losing in taxes and fees.
iTrustCapital allows its clients to invest in crypto through an individual retirement account or an IRA without having to worry about taxes or fees.
IRAs are tax-sheltered accounts, meaning all your crypto trading is tax-free and can grow tax-free over time.
There are no hidden fees. To learn more, click here and open a free account to learn more.
📰 Top Reads
- BlackRock to offer crypto access to institutional clients through Coinbase deal
- Robinhood to lay off ‘approximately 23%’ of employees
- A range-break from Bitcoin could trigger buying in ADA, ATOM, FIL and EOS this week
- MATIC Poised For Huge Boost As Robinhood Enables Polygon For Its Over 20 Million Users
- Bridging DC and DeFi: Can crypto decentralize politics?
- Bitcoin Open Interest Climbs Up, Price To Break Sideways Trend Soon?