Tips to Navigate this Bear Market!
Contents (4 min read):
- 🐻 Tips to Navigate a Bear Market
- 🌱 How can we grow during bear markets?
- 👀 Under the Radar
- 🏖️ IRAs, tax-sheltered accounts
- 🛠️ JOBS Section
- 📰 ICYMI
- 🙏🏻 Grateful for…
- 💸 Coupons
🐻 Tips to Navigate a Bear Market, but first…
It has been 6 months since the all-time highs in November of 2021. Needless to say, every bear market is different for different reasons, and this time it looks like the bears may stick around longer than we would like them to.
Interest rates are being raised with the aim to slow down inflation which sits at 8.2%, a 40-year-high. We are not 100% over the covid pandemic which is still slowing us down and wreaking havoc in nations like China, given their distressed property sector and commitment to a zero-covid policy. In the United States, GDP grew at a 2.3 percent annual pace from April through June and it’s expected to average 2.5 percent for all of 2022, but US consumers keep spending at a solid pace.
Global growth is projected to slow from an estimated 6.1 percent in 2021 to 3.6 percent in 2022 and 2023. This is 0.8 and 0.2 percentage points lower for 2022 and 2023 than projected in January.
Beyond 2023, global growth is forecast to decline to about 3.3 percent over the medium term. War-induced commodity price increases and broadening price pressures have led to 2022 inflation projections of 5.7 percent in advanced economies and 8.7 percent in emerging market and developing economies — 1.8 and 2.8 percentage points higher than projected last January.
The crypto market has slashed more than 50% of its value since its ATH, and the UST debacle among a rampant number of hacks and attacks continues to adds doubt in the markets.
🌱 How can we grow during bear markets?
Don’t assume everything will come back. Some things die permanently. Focus on building something of genuine value that people actually want. All markets have cycles and wealth is created during bear markets.
The best athletes improve during the off-season and display their progress in-season.
Same in the business sector; this is the time to build, learn, network, plant as many seeds as possible, and learn how to cultivate them to reap the best results. We will come out of this market, and make sure you become stronger than ever.
During the 2018 bear market, I personally lost a lot and made many mistakes that I am trying to avoid this time around. Here are a few takeaways:
- The markets will get boring when the bears are out, but don’t you get bored. Learn to ask better questions. Don’t walk out, because this too shall pass.
- All markets are tight to macro forces, like the ones explained above. Make the connections to make better decisions.
- Don’t sell your bags, unless you absolutely need to. This is cyclical and will bounce back. Study your portfolio and make sure that you are holding coins or shares in companies that have strong teams, are ethical, and are creating products that solve real-life problems while offering value.
- Dollar-cost average is your best friend. Invest in those protocols that have value and buy on a weekly/monthly basis to average your cost. Automate if possible.
- Have a plan. I know the world moves fast and tomorrow’s world will no the same as today. But have an idea of where you want to be and plan accordingly.
- Do your own research and don’t believe the hype. Invest in things you understand and even better, products/protocols/services that you use.
- And above all, take care of yourself. We live in an extremely volatile world in many different aspects. Make sure you have a social circle that is not only online, get some sun, read and learn about things you are passionate about, exercise, stay active, and express yourself. All of the above sound cliché, but being mentally, physically, and emotionally fit will make you a better investor.
If you have time, check this episode of Unchained with Laura Shin:
👀 Under the Radar
- Sia — Decentralized cloud storage platform similar in concept to Dropbox and other centralized storage providers where instead of renting storage space from a centralized entity, clients rent storage space from other peers. The only difference is Sia uses blockchain to facilitate transactions Nodes provide storage to clients using the Sia blockchain as contracts. Before storing the data, the data is encrypted into many pieces and uploaded to different hosts.
- Xcad — Global platform harnessing the power and value of Content Creator audiences via Creator tokenization, allowing viewers to earn rewards and govern Creator’s decisions via a plugin that works directly on YouTube.
- Blockify.Games — This protocol brings real-time games you’ve come to love onto the blockchain. No more turn-based, mind-numbing games, just to make some money. They claim that will help studios to make the transition and bring us proper blockchain games.
Cryptocurrency is one of those things that everyone is talking about these days. There are all kinds of different exchanges to trade crypto on…but what many people don’t realize is how much they’re losing in taxes and fees.
iTrustCapital allows its clients to invest in crypto through an individual retirement account or an IRA without having to worry about taxes or fees.
IRAs are tax-sheltered accounts, which means all your crypto trading is tax-free and can even grow tax-free over time.
There are no hidden fees. To learn more, click here and open a free account to learn more.
🛠️ JOBS Section — Together with TheDefiant.io we bring you.
- Bitcoin Transaction Fees Remain Historically Low Despite Recent Spike
- Huobi Expands its Latin America Footprint By Acquiring the Bitex Crypto
- ‘Other flavors of Tether’ will bridge users to USDT: Paolo Ardoino Exchange
- Twitter agrees to $150 million fine over US data privacy complaint
- Former Binance Executives Launch $100M Fund for Blockchain Startups
- Ethereum-Based Gaming Project Rallies After Coinbase Announces Surprise Altcoin Listing
- Why Polygon Launched Fund To Attract Projects From Terra Network
- Why Emerging Markets Are Leading the Charge on CBDCs
- Ethereum price dips below the $1.8K support as bears prepare for Friday’s $1B options expiry
- Compound Plunges More Than $4 Billion in Total Value Locked (TVL)