Who is taking over the Sports Industry? 🏈
- 🏈 Who is taking over the Sports industry?
- 🗂️ Recommended Podcast
- 👀 Under the Radar
- 📰 ICYM
- 👊 Sponsors
- 💸 Coupons
🦃 Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!
Today is great opportunity to be thankful for being alive, having the energy to move forward, and a reminder that being grateful on a daily basis can brings us more prosperity, positivity and well being.
🏈 Who is taking over the Sports industry?
Today is also huge for the Sports industry. They have they opportunity to broadcast games to millions of fans who are at home with their loved ones.
We have been witnessing a radical shift this year in this industry, which is the exponential increase in sponsorships by crypto companies.
The personality of sports fans, especially those who like to gamble, has become very attractive to cryptocurrency companies.
Among sports fans, 47% say they are familiar with cryptocurrencies and 27% say they have crypto in their investment portfolio.
According to a survey by cnbc.com, twice as many men invest in cryptocurrencies. The gender gap exceeds the existing gap within traditional investments, including stocks, ETFs, mutual funds and real estate.
In another more pronounced statistic, 80% of bettors have bought cryptocurrencies and are immersing themselves in the world of “Crypto-Trading”.
This has attracted a considerable amount of crypto-companies to spend enormous sums to reach this audience.
FTX, one of the largest cryptocurrency platforms, has invested $210 million for the naming rights of the TSM team, an “e-sports” team. They paid $135 million for the naming rights of the Miami NBA Basketball Arena and also signed a multi-million dollar contract with the MLB in order to stamp their logo on the umpires shirt.
FTX did not stop there, it continued its conquest by investing $20 million for airtime during NFL games and has bought at least one Super Bowl spot with a $6 million price tag.
Tom Brady, one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, is the face of the FTX NFL campaign and also an investor in the company.
Crypto.com, another cryptocurrency exchange, paid $ 700 million for the naming rights of the famous ex-Staples Center, stadium where the Lakers, Clippers, Sparks, and the Los Angeles Kings play. They are also sponsoring the Philadelphia and Portland NBA teams, an investment that cost them around $400 million.
Additionally, we are seeing the crypto.com logo on UFC apparel.
And to not be left behind, Coinbase signed an exclusive contract with the NBA, WNBA, and their minor leagues to place their name on NBA stadiums and on the basquet’s base.
Sports fans like intense thrills and gamblers love risk, this is perfect marriage for what cryptocurrency platforms have to offer.
🗂️ Recommended Podcast
👀 Under the Radar
- Gala — Gala Games aims to give players back control over their games by offering a “play-to-earn” model and giving players the option of owning assets in NFT format.
- Bat — Basic Attention Token, a blockchain-based digital advertising platform designed to fairly reward digital users for their attention, while providing advertisers with a better return on their advertising investment.
- Bread — Global company with blockchain-enabled financial services, its crypto wallet is an effective way to store digital assets. Coinbase just partnered with BRD programmers by pushing its value.
- Power Ledger — Platform whose objective is to disrupt the global energy industry by allowing local areas to sell and distribute solar energy to their neighbors without the help of intermediaries.
- 🎁 Give the gift of Salami. Charlito’s Cocina is a small producer of hand crafted cured meats made from sustainable raw materials, based in New York City. 🥩 All of their products are made by hand, slowly, in small batches. Trufa Seca is our favorite. Use discount Code: “YCO15” for 15% off.
- ₿ YCO Bitcoin allows anyone to use their credit card, debit card, or Apple pay to buy cryptocurrencies. Register only once and buy as frequent as you desire. Safe, fast, and many coins to choose from. Buy Crypto with your Credit or Debit Card and Apple Pay.
Please support our sponsors as they make this newsletter possible.
Coupons of the week 💸:
- Join Coinbase and get $10 with this coupon.Click here
- Start using Gemini and get some crypto to start trading.
This is NOT financial nor tax advice. This newsletter is strictly educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any assets or to make any financial decisions. This newsletter is not tax advice. Talk to a professional and Do your own research.
Disclosure. We may receive free products from our sponsors and collaborators. Additionally, YCO writers hold crypto assets. Please do your own research prior to investing.